Wednesday, June 20, 2007

To The Rescue

OK, here's the rest of the story. I googled "Berkline." Sent an e-mail to the manufacturer, whose representative e-mailed me in short order. T.M.A.L.S.-S, Berkline is now sending us a whole new frame to go under the chair. FREE!!! I Love those people! Next step is to get it on the chair. OH, about the user-ship of said chair. Mary insisted that I use the chair. While we were still n the apartment, I sat in the chair and she on the couch next to me. Chair and couch practically touched each other. Once we moved here, and rearranged some furniture in the TV room the chair was on the opposite side from the double recliner where Mary sat. Until this post, I've not heard Mary complain about the seating arrangement. (Or, if I did, I blocked it out.) The black two piece chair, w/ottoman that was in my motor home has been in my office and now is in the tv room. I have to admit it is not as comfortable as 'ol brownie. But it is more in line with the size of the other furniture. 'ol brownie, is built on a larger scale, and really belongs in the living room with the other leather furniture. In fact, 'ol brownie is hidden in plain sight behind the love seat which backs up to the dining room. Anyway, it won't be long before it is operational again. I hope Mary enjoys it, fully!
However, Mary has had her revenge for my purloinment of said chair. Here in Jacksonville, we have a monthly periodical entitled SKIRT. A female only publication as everything in it has to come from someone of the female persuasion. EXCEPT: The monthly feature of a local business man decked out in a skirt who gets interviewed and photographed per issue. Mary volunteered me! Today, I've been interviewed. Next week is photo shoot and I'll be in the July issue. The interviewer always asks two questions; 1- what is the best part of reading skirt magazine. and 2- why is wearing a skirt a good idea? Candidly I said I get a lot of information about what female executives are faced with by reading the mag. I said freedom of movement was nice as far as wearing the skirt was concerned. Then Sara, the interviewer and I talked about The Fisher King. A movie in which Robin Williams ends the movie running around Central Park, naked. He said, "Mr. Happy" loved flopping in the breeze or some such nonsense. With Sara's prompting, I agreed that my Mr. Happy enjoyed the unrestricted movement afforded by a skirt. I'm being quoted on that. You can clearly see that these two women, Mary and Sara have conspired to get me to say things that I would never say on my own. Anyway, in addition to being listed #1 in both Google and Yahoo searches for coach jack cook (over some 1M, + others) I will shortly be viewed by, talked about by, and hopefully contacted by lots of ladies here in good old Jax. What a HOOT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So where's the picture they took?? Inquiring minds want to know...